- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water*
Optional Herby Topping
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Place all ingredients for your hummus into a high-speed food processor.
- Then, process on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Option to add 1 or 2 more tablespoons of water depending on the texture of your hummus. It should be smooth and easily dippable.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Tips & Notes
- water: option to add more water as needed in order to thin out the hummus.
- This recipe was slightly updated on February 19, 2020.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 328 Sugar: 3 Fat: 27 Fiber: 5 Protein: 6
Category: DipsMethod: Food ProcessorCuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: lemon garlic hummus