- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)*
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (+ grated zest for garnish)
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients into a medium saucepan.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Once boiling, turn heat to low and let simmer for 6-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve warm.
Tips & Notes
- maple syrup – feel free to add more, to taste depending on how sweet you like your cranberry sauce.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 6 Calories: 77 Sugar: 14 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 18 Fiber: 2 Protein: 0
Keywords: cranberry sauce, unique cranberry sauce recipe