- 1 lb. bone-in pork chops (we used 2 1.5-inch pork chops)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground lemongrass
- pepper, to taste
- First, place soy sauce, honey, fresh ginger, and lemongrass into a large bowl and mix. Then, remove about 2 tablespoons of sauce for later.
- Place the pork chops in the same bowl and coat all sides of the pork with the marinade.
- Let sit for 30 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once you’re ready to cook, preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Then, add 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil to a large oven-safe cast iron skillet* and heat over medium/high heat.
- Once olive oil is fragrant, sear each side of the pork chops for around 1.5 minutes.
- Then, place the entire cast iron skillet in the oven and bake at 375ºF for anywhere form 10-15 minutes depending on how thick your pork chops are*. You know your pork chops are done cooking when their internal temperature reaches 145ºF.
- Remove pork chops from oven and brush with the extra marinade. Then, let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Cast iron skillet- if you are using anything other than a cast iron skillet, the bake time may differ. Also, make sure to use an oven-safe pan, whatever you do so that nothing melts!
- This recipe was updated with new photos and a new recipe on 8/30/2019.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 520 Sugar: 18 Fat: 28 Carbohydrates: 20 Fiber: 0 Protein: 2
Category: DinnerMethod: OvenCuisine: Asian
Keywords: Baked Bone In Pork Chops