- 5 bell peppers, any color, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2.25 cups water
- 2 lbs. 85% ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 8 oz. shredded white cheddar cheese
- 16 large flour tortillas
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Then, prepare bell peppers and onion by thinly slicing.
- Place veggies on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Then, season with taco seasoning and toss.
- Bake at 375ºF for 20-25 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Set aside.
- Place 1 cup of white rice and 2.25 cups of water into a small bot.
- Bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover. Let simmer for around 15-20 minutes or until all water absorbs.
- While the veggies are cooking, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium/high heat.
- Then, add in ground beef and saute for 7-10 minutes or until almost fully browned.
- Add in tomato paste, taco seasoning, and water and continue cooking for a few more minutes until liquid reduces.
- Set aside.
- Prepare beef burritos by laying out all 16 flour tortillas.
- Then, evenly distribute beef, veggies, and rice.
- Finally, sprinkle on a handful of cheese.
- Tightly wrap each burrito by folding the sides in and rolling.
- Then, wrap each individual burrito in a piece of tin foil and remove as much air as possible.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 burrito Calories: 384 Sugar: 3 Fat: 18 Carbohydrates: 36 Fiber: 3 Protein: 19
Category: Meal PrepMethod: OvenCuisine: Mexican
Keywords: frozen burritos