- 1.5 lbs. flank steak
- 1/2 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- First, prepare your Sous Vide by filing a 6-8 quart pot with water. Connect your sous vide to the pot and set the temperature to 132ºF.
- Next, place tamari, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Place flank steak and tamari mixture in a BPA-free vacuum seal bag. Seal the bag and gently massage the meat until it is evenly coated with tamari mixture. Alternatively, you can use a Stasher bag or plastic bag. Just make sure to remove as much air as possible.
- Next, vacuum seal your flank steak and place into the pot.
- Let Mongolian Sous Vide Flank Steak cook for 5-24 hours. We highly recommend letting it sit for the full 24 hours as it will come out extremely tender.
- Once the flank steak is fully cooked, remove from pot.
- Heat a castiron skillet over medium/high heat. Add olive oil to the cast iron skillet. When olive oil is fragrant, place the flank steak in the cast iron. Sear for one minute on each side.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Prepare the Mongolian beef sauce by pouring the juices from your sous vide bag into a medium saucepan and add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice flank steak and serve over rice and veggies. Pour sauce over the top of the meat and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- We cooked our sous vide flank steak for 24 hours, however, you can cook it for as short as 5 hours. The longer it cooks, the more tender it will be.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 279 Sugar: 8 Sodium: 1417 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 12 Fiber: 0 Protein: 27
Category: DinnerMethod: Sous VideCuisine: Mongolian
Keywords: Sous Vide Flank Steak