- 8 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8–10 garlic cloves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 20 leaves fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and lightly spray a baking sheet or casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prep tomatoes by washing, patting dry, and cutting in half. Then, place on baking sheet face up and drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 400ºF for about 30 minutes. Then, add cloves of garlic to the pan and place back in the oven for 20-30 more minutes or until the tomatoes begin to brown. Be careful that the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Let tomatoes sit for around 5 minutes and then peel the skin off of them and discard.
- Place roasted tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, and apple cider vinegar into a high-speed food processor or blender (like a Vitamix) and process until smooth.
- Once smooth, do a taste test and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in a mason jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days OR serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- We kept the basil in bigger chunks because it’s more flavorful that way, but option to puree everything.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 3/4 cup Calories: 182 Sugar: 0 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 10 Fiber: 0 Protein: 1
Keywords: marinara sauce