- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch teaspoon salt
- First, prepare your flax eggs by mixing together 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds and 6 tablespoons of warm water. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Next, mix together dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash banana until liquidy. Then, once your flax eggs are slimy/gummy, add those to the large bowl and mix. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients other than the coconut oil and mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix.
- Finally add in melted coconut oil and mix until smooth. As your batter sits it may thicken, so add extra almond milk as needed.
- Preheat a large frying pan to low/medium heat and spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Scoop a heaping 1/3 cup of the batter onto your pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fully cooked.
Tips & Notes
- *These pancakes cook the best on a lower heat. If your burner is set to medium/high, the middle may not cook all the way through.
- *As your batter sits it may thicken, so add extra almond milk as needed.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 364 Sugar: 8 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 49 Fiber: 9 Protein: 9
Keywords: vegan banana pancakes