- 5 large sweet potatoes
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1/3 cup full-fat Greek (or sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons butter (+ more for topping)
- optional garnish: fresh thyme
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a large casserole dish or baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, prep sweet potatoes by slicing off the ends and then slicing them in half long-ways (hot-dog style). Then, slice the pointy end of a head of garlic off to expose the cloves.
- Lay the sweet potatoes and garlic head on the baking sheet, open face-up.
- Then, drizzle with olive oil and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast at 375ºF for for 20 minutes. Then flip sweet potatoes and garlic so that they are skin-side up and roast for another 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Next, use a spoon to scoop out the flesh of the sweet potatoes (or skip this step if you love the skin!) and place into a large bowl.
- Then, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their casing and place into bowl on sweet potatoes. Add Greek yogurt and butter.
- Use a hand mixer to mix everything together until smooth.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 186 Sugar: 9 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 29 Fiber: 5 Protein: 5
Category: SideMethod: OvenCuisine: American
Keywords: mashed sweet potatoes