- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend (We love Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2.5 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.25 cups unsweetened almond milk*
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- First, preheat your waffle maker to low/medium heat. Anything hotter and you risk turning your waffles golden brown. The goal here is to keep them green!
- Then, place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk two large eggs. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients (minus the coconut oil, we will add this last!) and mix. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix to combine. Finally add in melted coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Using a 1/3 cup (for 6 waffles) or 1/2 cup (for 4 waffles) measuring cup, scoop batter onto waffle maker. Let cook for about 2-2.5 minutes. Repeat.
- Top with your favorite topping such as coconut whipped cream and maple syrup.
Tips & Notes
- As your batter sits, it may thicken. Add a splash of almond milk to thin it out again.
- Nutrition information was calculated based on the batter making 6 waffles.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 waffle Calories: 292 Sugar: 12 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 53 Fiber: 2 Protein: 5
Category: BreakfastMethod: Waffle MakerCuisine: American
Keywords: matcha waffles