Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- First, prepare stir fry sauce by whisking together all ingredients except for the water and cornstarch.
- Next, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. When olive oil is fragrant, add sliced chicken breast to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the stir fry vegetables (except for carrots) and sauté for 2-3 minutes before adding the sauce. Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce to low/medium, add carrots, and let simmer for 6-8 minutes. If you have really big broccoli florets, you can cover the stir fry and let it steam for 2-3 minutes to cook it faster.
- While chicken stir fry is cooking, make a cornstarch slurry. Whisk cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water until it dissolves. Then, add the cornstarch slurry to the pan and continue cooking over medium heat to activate. It will take 1-2 minutes for the cornstarch to start thickening your sauce.
- Serve chicken stir fry over your favorite grain such as white rice, brown rice, or fried rice! Option to top with your favorite nut such as cashews, peanuts, or sesame seeds.
Tips & Notes
- Rice is not included in nutrition information.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 305 Sugar: 20 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 34 Fiber: 5 Protein: 28 Cholesterol: 34
Keywords: chicken stir fry, chicken stir fry recipe