For the Meal Prep Smoothies Bags
- 2 cups frozen sliced bananas
- 2 cups frozen whole strawberries
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
For Serving (for 1 serving)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder (any kind)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
For the Bag
- First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, evenly spread out 2 cups of sliced bananas, 2 cups of whole strawberries. Place in the freezer for about 2 hours or until completely frozen.
- Next, take 4 quart-size freezer bags and write the date and Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie on the front. Add 1 cup of the frozen fruit, a handful of spinach, and a teaspoon of chia seeds to each bag.
- Before sealing, make sure you squeeze as much air out as possible to prevent freezer burn. Seal and place in the freezer for later use.
For Blending (for 1 serving)
- Once you’re ready to blend, empty contents of spinach smoothie bag into a high-speed blender.
- Then, add about 1/2 cup of almond milk and 2 tablespoons of your favorite protein powder.
- Blend on high for about 1 minute or until everything is blended.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information is for a single serving spinach smoothie.
- Storage: meal prep smoothie bags will stay for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Option to double or triple this recipe.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 smoothie Calories: 196 Sugar: 14 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 23 Fiber: 6 Protein: 16
Keywords: green breakfast smoothie, spinach smoothie