- 2 cups black beans, rinsed and divided (1.5 cups + 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (or any kind of hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup red onions, finely diced
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon Nakano Rice Vinegar
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cotija cheese crumbles
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place 1/2 cup of black beans on the bottom of a bowl. Set aside.
- Next, place remaining black beans in a high-speed food processor along with tahini, olive oil, garlic, sriracha, lime juice, salt, and cumin. Blend until smooth. You may need to use a spatula to scrape the sides a few times to ensure everything gets blended. If the hummus still seems too thick, add a tablespoon or two more of olive oil. Once it’s reached the desired consistency, pour on top of black beans.
- To make the topping, toss red onions, tomato, cilantro, and cojita cheese in sea salt and rice vinegar. Then, sprinkle on top of hummus.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 166 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 506 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 11 Fiber: 4 Protein: 6 Cholesterol: 0
Category: DipsMethod: BlenderCuisine: Mexican
Keywords: black bean hummus