Who’s ready for THE Ultimate Christmas Cookie Escapade??
Before we begin….the bakers must be fed.
The seester took a snapshot of me blogging…thought you’d might like to see me in action.
En el menu para esta noche…
Mexican Chicken Lettuce Wraps
-1 large chicken breast, diced
-1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
-1 medium tomato
-1/2 C chopped green chili peppers
-1 small onion, chopped
-1 red pepper, chopped
-1 baby zucchini, chopped
-1/2 t cumin
-1/2 t salt
-1/2 t fajita seasoning
-1/2 t garlic powder
-Toppings: avocado, salsa, cheese, sour cream/greek yogurt
1. In a small sauce pan, sauté chicken in 1/2 T of olive oil and garlic. Set aside.
2. Chop and sauté tomato, onion, zucch, chili peppers, and red pepper in 1/2 T olive oil in a larger sauce pan/wok.
3. Add in chicken and spices and let simmer on low.
4. In a separate sauce pan, heat 1 can of black beans
5. Layer black beans and sauteed veggies/chicken in a large lettuce leaf. Top with avo, salsa, cheese, and sour cream!
So, my mouth was on fire. I think I over did it with the green chili peppers. I’m more of a mild kind of girl….so if you like it wild…1/4 of these babies are more than enough!
Off to do some major bakin’!!!!!
PS- I was tempted to do this entire post in Spanish.