- 30 medjool dates (~2 cups packed)*
- 1.5 cups raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups of shredded unsweetened coconut
- Begin by pitting 30 dates. Make sure your dates are soft and squishy. Place dates into a high-speed food processor and then add raw cashews and vanilla.
- Blend on high for 2 to 3 minutes, stopping a few times to scrape the sides.
- Once the dates and cashews are combined, add cocoa powder and salt and blend until combined. If your dates aren’t soft enough, you may need to add a teaspoon or two of water in order to get a sticky dough.
- Finally, add in shredded coconut and blend one more time. You can either leave your coconut more whole or fully pulverize into the rest of the bars.
- Once combined, your dough should be soft and feel like cookie dough.
- Line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper and then place dough in pan. Use your hands or a spatula to spread dough evenly into pan. The goal is to get everything to be the same height. Top with a little more shredded coconut and use your hands or spatula to press into dough.
- Before placing in the freezer, use a spatula to round the edges of the bars. Place in freezer for 30-minutes to an hour.
- Remove from freezer and take bars out of the pan. Cut the bars in half and then slice each half into 8ths. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
*We used very moist dates. You may need to add a teaspoon of water to the food processor if your dates are dry.