- 1 lb. 85% ground beef
- 1/2 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 large red pepper, finely diced
- 1 4.5-oz. can green chiles
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and strained
- 1 15-oz. can sweet corn, rinsed and strained
- 2–4 cups tortilla chips
- 8 oz. Mexican shredded cheese
- Place ground beef in a large cast iron pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes to partially cook. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Next, in the grease from the beef, sauté yellow onion and red pepper for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the beef back in and then add green chiles, taco seasoning, and salsa. Sauté for 1-2 more minutes to bring the liquid to a bubble.
- Turn the burner off and layer on black beans, sweet corn, and tortilla chips. Then, sprinkle on shredded cheese.
- Bake casserole at 350ºF for 10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
Tips & Notes
- Casserole dish: option to build your taco casserole in a casserole dish if you don’t have a cast-iron pan. Simply follow the directions for cooking the meat, but once it’s cooked, transfer into your casserole dish and go from there.
- This recipe was updated on August 1, 2020.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 357 Sugar: 1 Sodium: 947 Fat: 15 Carbohydrates: 34 Fiber: 1 Protein: 21 Cholesterol: 50
Category: CasseroleMethod: OvenCuisine: MexicanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: taco casserole