- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into tablespoon pads
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, cut cold butter into 1-tablespoon pads and place into a stand mixer.
- Add brown sugar and then turn your stand mixer on to low/medium.
- Cream butter and sugar together until there are no more lumps of butter and the consistency is smooth. This should take around 5 minutes. Then add the honey, and mix for another minute until combined.
- While the butter is creaming, lightly pulverize rolled oats in a food processor. The goal here is to still have some chunks of oatmeal, but also have some oat flour. Then, transfer into a large bowl.
- Add white whole wheat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt to the same large bowl and mix until combined.
- Once the butter has creamed, add egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium until combined. Make sure not to over mix!
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to wet and mix on medium until a dough has formed. You may need to stop to scrape the bottom of your mixer. The consistency should be a little bit sticky, but have the ability to form into a ball.
- Finally, add in raisins and mix one final time on medium to combine.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop dough into your hands. Roll into a ball and then slightly flatten between your palms. Place on a cookie sheet and repeat.
- Optionally add a few more raisins to the top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12-14 minutes.
- Once the bottoms are golden brown, remove from cookie sheet immediately and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Top with optional sea salt before serving.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/24 Calories: 133 Sugar: 8 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 21 Fiber: 2 Protein: 2
Category: DessertMethod: OvenCuisine: American