- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple maple syrup
- 2 egg, large
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk. Place wet ingredients in a medium size bowl and whisk. Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until combined.
- Fill muffins about 3/4 of the way full. Then, sprinkle on a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350ºF for 18-20 minutes or until you do the toothpick test and it comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
- Nutrition facts are when using whole-wheat flour
Serving Size: 1/22