Base Dry Ingredients
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (+ more for topping)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Base Wet Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed banana (~3 small/medium bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. We suggest also spraying your muffin liners with cooking spray just in case.
- Next, place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix.
- Then add the wet ingredients (minus the coconut oil) and mix again. Then, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Fill each muffin about 3/4 of the way full (these are going to be big muffins) and sprinkle on more chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Place muffins into the oven at 350ºF and bake for 20-24 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the muffin tin to continue cooling.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/12 Calories: 207 Sugar: 16 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 34 Fiber: 2 Protein: 4
Keywords: banana nut muffins