- 1 lb. asparagus (we used a thinner-cut asparagus)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, separated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- First preheat oven to 425ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, prepare asparagus by snapping off the ends. You can use a knife to cut them off, or just snap them right off.
- Then, place asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss.
- Generously season asparagus with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 of the grated parmesan cheese and lemon zest and toss one more time.
- Roast at 425ºF for 8 minutes*. Then, remove from oven, sprinkle on the remaining parmesan cheese and toss. Bake again for 2-4 more minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus spears are.
- Serve with fresh lemon zest and more cracked pepper.
Tips & Notes
Roasting time: we used thinner asparagus spears. So, if you buy super thick asparagus, you may need to increase your bake time.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 138 Sugar: 2 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 5 Fiber: 2 Protein: 7
Keywords: roasted asparagus, oven roasted asparagus, asparagus