This peanut butter banana smoothie truly tastes like a decadent milkshake, but is actually made with whole fruit, milk, and peanut butter!
We kept this peanut butter and banana smoothie recipe simple with just 6 total ingredients. Keep reading to get the recipe and dig in!
Best Peanut Butter Smoothie
Whether you just worked out or are looking for a delicious breakfast smoothie to make, I just know you’re going to fall head over heels for this peanut butter banana smoothie of ours.
Growing up, I ate a lot of peanut butter and banana sandwiches and then when I discovered smoothies, it became a staple flavor for me! It’s just something about the sweet flavor of bananas mixed with the salty flavor of peanut butter. SO GOOD.
What does this peanut butter smoothie taste like? If you’re wondering what this glorious, thick, milkshake-like smoothie tastes like…it’s just that! Think pb shake + banana shake, but healthier! All the same flavors, but so much better for you.
The thing that is so glorious about his banana peanut butter smoothie recipe is that you literally just throw all of your ingredients into a high-speed blender and mix until smooth.
What is in a peanut butter banana smoothie?
- Bananas: You can buy frozen bananas at most grocery stores, but if you can’t find them. No worries! You can make your own at home for super cheap.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is a great addition to all smoothies because it packed with protein and has a slightly tangy flavor. Feel free to use any kind of Greek yogurt such as plain or vanilla.
- Flax seeds: Ground flax is where it’s at when it comes to smoothies because they’re easier to digest that way!
- Almond Milk: This peanut butter banana smoothie recipe calls for unsweetened almond milk, but any kind of milk or liquid will work!
- Vanilla Extract: Don’t have vanilla extract on hand? No worries! You can just nix it 😀
- Peanut Butter: We love using all-natural peanut butter in our smoothies because it’s creamy and has no additives. Our favorite brands include 365 and Smuckers.
Best Protein Powders
Check out our top protein powder recommendations for baking, smoothies, and everything in between.
Before you blend away in your blender, you can also add in some delicious add-ins to increase nutrition and/or add more flavor. Here are some suggestions:
- Mini chocolate chips
- Protein Powder: check out our favorite ones HERE.
- Kale or Spinach
This is one of those smoothies that is best eaten thick and with a spoon. Oh, and with toppings galore. There’s nothing wrong with a handful of mini chocolate chips and a drizzle of fresh peanut butter.
More Banana Smoothies
- Peanut Butter Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Cold Brew Protein Smoothie
- The Best Breakfast Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
- 100+ Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Looking to upgrade your blender? Check out our favorite Vitamix Blender. It’s our favorite high-speed blender perfect for making smoothies, soups, and nut butter.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth. Add more almond milk as needed.
- Serve immediately.
These recipes are the best! My husband who loves ice cream, but gave it up for his dieting, stated that he felt like he was cheating while eating the chocolate nice cream. So many good recipes and ideas for making the nice cream! There is only a very faint banana taste, which surprised us. Thank you for such a great diversity of flavors.
Thank you so much for inspiration.
One word.. delicious!
I just made this for lunch and I am obsessed! So delicious, I used frozen ripe bananas, didn’t add honey – and didn’t notice. Instead of 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (because I didn’t have any) I added ground cinnamon 🙂 Thanks so much! Will 100% make again.
Glad you loved this!
Delicious! I used really ripe bananas so it didn’t really need the honey. The yogurt is really good in this recipe.
Fantastic, good call on using a ripe banana for sweetness!
I really want to try this, but do you have to use flax seed?
Nope! Feel free to leave it out!
Delicious! I made this with coconut milk since that is what I had and added a few mini chocolate chips.(Someone had finished off the Chunky Monkey and this satisfied my craving).
Really want to try this today! Longing to taste this. The ingredients list is dragging me to try this.
It was sooo good, I do not like yogurt so I left it out, and I just used plain milk, yummmmmm
Can I substitute Yogurt for milk?
Never mind I got some yogurt and now its delicious!!! Thank you for this recipe!!!!
Just made this smoothie for my dinner!! LOVE!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Just made this for a quick lunch and it was AMAZING! And so easy! Thanks!
wow this smoothie was amazing i made it yesterday and everyone wanted to try it
So good, right?!
This is amazing! I added a scoop of chocolate protein powder and a full cup of almond milk and it tastes so good!
I added cocoa powder. So good!
Choco pb!!! Yum!
Delicious birthday breakfast, and a smoothie which packs in cards, fat, fibre and protein all in one 👌 win win!!
Add a few sprinkles and BAM! Happy birthday 😀
This smoothie is absolutely delicious! I added 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder as well and it was perfect. Definitely worth trying.
I LOVE this recipe! Thank you so much for taking the time to post it! And your pictures are phenomenal. I would love to try more of your recipes!
Just gave a try to this smoothie… so delicious!