- Place peanut butter, protein powder, rolled oats, chia seeds, honey, and mini chocolate chips into a medium bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon or your hands to mix the dough together. At this point, begin to add water by the teaspoon.
- Depending on how drippy your peanut butter is, you’ll need to add more or less water. The water not only helps moisten things so your balls hold shape, but they actually help your balls become less chalky.
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop dough into your palms. Roll into balls until all dough is gone. You should get somewhere between 14-16 balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tips & Notes
- Protein powder: if you use a whey or collagen-based protein powder, you will likely need more than 1/3 cup. We tested with Bulletproof Vanilla Collagen Protein Powder and needed to use an extra 2.5 tablespoons of protein powder and no water.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 ball Calories: 141 Sugar: 3 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 8 Fiber: 2 Protein: 9
Keywords: peanut butter protein balls, protein balls