- 1.5 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels, gluten-free if desired
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for the crust in a medium-sized bowl. Mix together and then use your hands to form a ball with the dough.
- Place ball in the greased 8×8 pan and flatten to the bottom of the pan with your hands or a spatula.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwave safe container. Heat on high for 30 second intervals (stirring in between intervals) until chocolate chips are melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over crust and evenly spread the chocolate to the outer edges of the crust with a spatula.
- Sprinkle chopped pretzels and crushed peppermints over the top of the chocolate.
- Place peppermint pretzel bars into the freezer for 5 minutes to let the chocolate set*.
- Remove from the freezer and remove bars from the pan by carefully lifting parchment paper straight out of the pan and on to a cutting board. Cut into pieces and serve.
Place in the freezer to set for 5 minutes so that you can cut into bars.
Tips & Notes
- Do not freeze the bars completely or bars will be difficult to cut.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/12 Calories: 175 Sugar: 11 Sodium: 41 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 15 Fiber: 2 Protein: 4 Cholesterol: 5
Keywords: almond flour recipes, peppermint bark