- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plant-based vanilla protein powder (we used Vanilla Garden of Life)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Begin by preheating your waffle iron to medium heat.
- Next, in a large bowl, mix together eggs, almond milk, and vanilla. Then, add in flour, protein powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Finally, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Once waffle maker is completely heated, lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray (I use coconut oil cooking spray) on both sides. Then, pour about ½ cup of batter onto waffle maker, close, and flip. Let cook for about 1 and ½ to 2 minutes. Flip waffle maker and open. If it needs a little be more time to cook, close and flip over, let cook for about 20-30 seconds longer.
- Use non-stick tongs to remove waffle from iron.
Tips & Notes
Almond milk: depending on your protein powder, you may need to add a splash more of almond milk as your batter sits out because it may thicken.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 236 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 310 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 20 Fiber: 4 Protein: 12
Keywords: protein waffles