This post brought to you by Libby’s. All opinions are 100% mine.
I know adding a vegetable into your morning oats sounds a little crazy, but pumpkin is that much of a rockstar that it works! Plus- you can get an entire serving of vegetables in your first meal of the day!
Why Libby’s Pumpkin Rocks My World
- Fiber, Check.
- Vitamin A, Check.
- Amazing oil/butter substitution (can help reduce calories in recipes)
- SUPERFOOD Status
- Versatile- works in sweet and savory dishes
Oh I almost forgot…it’s available all year long AND can be portioned and stored in the freezer if you don’t finish the entire can. Uhmmm, yes. Why do people think pumpkin only works in the winter? That needs to change ASAP!
Pumpkin Coconut Hot Cereal
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1.5 cups quick cooking oatmeal (gluten free, if gluten sensitive!)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup Libby’s Pumpkin Puree
- 3 cups milk (almond or coconut or cow’s)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Place all ingredients in a medium size sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then turn down to low. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the cereal thickens.
Pumpkin mixed with coconut is DELICIOUS. The combination of flavors and the texture form the flax is incredible. Plus- with a scoop of almond butter, you’ve got yourself one heck of a breakfast.
Confession: I made 2 big batches of this recipe, put my leftovers in a tupperware and ate it the next morning for breakfast…COLD. Sort of like overnight oats.
Lucky for you…Libby’s has TONS of other pumpkin recipes for you to check out. You can even enter for a chance to win a Vitamix Blender, which is on my list of kitchen gadgets I want!
What’s your favorite thing to add pumpkin into?