- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon sugar (white, brown, coconut)*
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- First, place apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, salt, and sugar into a mason jar. Screw the cover on and shake the jar until the salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Then, place the sliced onion into the jar. Be sure that all of the onion is covered in vinegar.
- Place the lid back on the jar and give it one more shake.
- Finally, place the jar in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight for the optimal quick pickled onion!
Tips & Notes
*Option to add more sugar if you like sweeter pickled onions.