I have officially named cornbread one of my main food groups. It’s been a weekly staple now since I discovered Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix. #loveatfirstsite
Today I am bringing back an oldie, but a goodie, my quinoa cornbread. I’ve switched up the recipe, using banana as my sweetener instead of honey. Also- this only makes 2 servings. If you are anything like me…that is a good thing because it helps control with portion control!
I also used black quinoa. It gives the bakes some gorgeous depth and texture.
On top I placed a dollop of some leftover whipping cream I used the night before. Along with a mound of honey.
Cornbread is nothing without honey. #truth
Quinoa Cornbread Breakfast Bakes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- -3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Corn Bread Mix
- -1/4 cup quinoa, cooked
- -1/2 mashed banana
- -1 egg
- -1 tablespoon cooconut oil, softened
- -1 teaspoon baking powder
- -1 teaspoon vanilla
- -1/2 cup milk (I used almond)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray 2 ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mash banana. Then add egg, vanilla, and milk, and mix again.
- Slowly add in cornbread mix and baking powder and stir. Then, mix in cooked quinoa and finally, the coconut oil.
- Fill ramekins about 2/3 – 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until you do the toothpick test and it comes out clean.
If you use a muffin tin, this will make around 6.
Confession: I made this recipe last week and forgot to write it down after I took all of the photos and ended up having to make it again Sunday afternoon. Note to self: WRITE IT DOWN.
Luckily I have a really good memory!
Ohh I love this photo (see below).
When I ate the second cornbread, I had it with peanut butter and honey instead of the whipping cream. Equally good, if not better!
Breakfast bakes are a nice change up from my typical oats + banana + pb.
They are also a good snack :)