- 2 cups roasted sweet potato, mashed (3-4 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup purple onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (~1 cup uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño, finely diced
- 1/3 cup roasted/unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- olive oil
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray. Then, cut sweet potatoes in half, drizzle with olive oil, poke them with a fork, and stick them in the oven skin-side down for 50-60 minutes.
- While your sweet potatoes are roasting, mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, let them cool for about 10 minutes. Then use a spoon to spoon out the flesh. Mash in a bowl. Add 2 cups of mashed sweet potato to your mixture and thoroughly combine.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray.
- To create burger patties, use a 1/2 cup scoop. Wet your hands to form 1-inch burger patties and place on the pan. Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes on each side (30 minutes total).
- When burgers are done baking, heat about a teaspoon of olive oil on a nonstick skillet over low/medium heat.
- Place patties in the fry pan for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- When burgers are done, add toppings and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 5
- Protein: 7