Quinoa Sweet Potato Patties *g/f*
- 1C cooked quinoa
- 1C mashed sweet potato (~ 3 medium taters)
- 2T olive oil
- 1/2C raisins
- 1/4C sunflower seeds
- 2T garbanzo bean flour
- 1T cumin
- 1/4t salt
- 1/4t pepper
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, bring 1 C water and 1/2C uncooked quinoa to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low for 10-12 minutes. Set aside.
2. Next, prepare your sweet potatoes. Start off by poking several holes in your sweet potatoes and then nuke them for ~3-4 minutes or until they become soft. Slice your potatoes down the middle, and scoop out the insides. You should have roughly a cup of mashed sweet potatoes.
3. In a large bowl, using a fork, mash together all ingredients. You may need to add a few more teaspoons of flour, in order to make sure your patties stick together.
4. In a large skillet, heat 1T olive oil on medium heat.
5. Then using a cookie scoop (or spoon), scoop out ~1/4C of mixture into your palms. To create the patties, firmly pack the mixture together to create a disc shape.
6. Next, cook your patties for ~2-3 minutes on each side.