- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates, packed (~20)
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (or more, to taste)
Vegan Cheesecake Filling
- First, place two cups of cashews into a medium/large size bowl and cover them with boiling water. Let them soak for at least an hour or overnight. These cashews are for the filling.
- Next, place crust ingredients into a high-speed food processor and process until crumbly.
- After ingredients are blended, spray a 9×9-inch pan with coconut oil cooking spray. Gently press crust evenly into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Once cashews have soaked for the appropriate amount of time (cashews should be soft and squishy) place all ingredients for the lemon filling (except coconut oil) into a high-speed food processor or Vitamix and blend until smooth.
- When the filling is a smooth consistency, add coconut oil and mix one more time to fully combine all ingredients.
- Pour filling contents on top of crust. Spread evenly with a spatula and place pan into the freezer for 1-2 hours to set.
- When bars are hard and ready to eat. Remove from freezer, top with shredded coconut and lemon zest.
Tips & Notes
- Storage: store bars in the freezer for more of an ice cream bar texture or in the fridge for more of a cheesecake texture.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/9 Calories: 269 Sugar: 12 Fat: 18 Fiber: 2 Protein: 6
Keywords: vegan cheesecake