For the meat balls
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili paste
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour (any kind will work)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For Curry Sauce
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha*
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups purple cabbage, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- squeeze fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3.5 cups riced cauliflower (14 oz. bag)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a casserole dish or cake pan with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prep your cabbage salad by placing all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and place in the fridge.
- Prep meatball mixture by placing all ingredients into a large bowl and mixing until combined.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop (note: these are bite-sized, not giant!), scoop out mixture and mold into a ball with your hands. It works best if your hands are slightly moist with water. Place in oiled casserole dish.
- Place meatballs in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, prepare curry sauce by placing olive oil into a medium fry pan. When oil is hot, add onion.
- Sauté onion for 2-3 minutes and then add the rest of the curry sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- After meatballs have been baking for 10 minutes, add curry sauce to the casserole dish and bake for an additional 7-10 minutes.
- Finally, add all ingredients for cauliflower rice into a fry pan and cooked for 5-7 minutes.
- When meatballs are done, remove from the oven and place 1/2 cup of cabbage salad, 1/2 cup cauliflower rice, meatballs, and curry sauce in a bowl.
- Top with fresh thai basil and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
*Omit Sriracha if you don’t like spice.
* Nutrition is for 4 servings
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 4 Calories: 548 Sugar: 8 Sodium: 1961 Fat: 42 Carbohydrates: 23 Fiber: 5 Protein: 27
Keywords: Curry meatballs