- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed (or coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the applesauce, eggs, maple syrup, and almond milk to a large bowl and whisk everything together.
- Add all of the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Finally, add melted coconut oil and mix one last time.
- Evenly spoon batter between 12 muffins in your tin, filling them about 2/3 of the way full.*
- Bake at 350ºF for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin to continue cooling on a cooling rack.
Tips & Notes
*Optional Topping: Here you have the option to sprinkle rolled oats and tiny pieces of extra rhubarb if you want to add some texture and prettier muffins.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/12 Calories: 182 Sugar: 15 Sodium: 81 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 34 Fiber: 2 Protein: 4 Cholesterol: 37
Keywords: Rhubarb Muffins