- 1 rack baby back ribs (~3 lbs.)
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated white onion
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Begin by removing the membrane from the ribs and discard the membrane.
- Next, sprinkle the ribs with kosher salt and massage the salt into the meat. Set aside.
- Add the garlic powder, brown sugar, dried thyme, chili powder, paprika, and black pepper into a bowl and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle the spices over the ribs and be sure the whole rack of ribs is covered.
- Wrap the ribs in plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (but up to overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unwrap the ribs and place them on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the ribs with olive oil and cover them with tin foil.
- Place them into the oven and bake the ribs at 300ºF for 2.5 hours.
- When there is 30 minutes of bake time left, add all the ingredients for the bbq sauce into a sauce pan and whisk all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Bring the BBQ sauce to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to low and let the BBQ sauce simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When the ribs have baked for 2.5 hours, remove them from the oven and unwrap them from the tin foil.
- Increase the heat to 400ºF and slather the bbq sauce over the ribs.
- Return the ribs to the oven and bake them at 400ºF for 10-15 minutes or until the BBQ sauce begins to caramelize on the ribs.
- Remove from the oven and let the ribs rest for 10 minutes and then enjoy.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 519 Sugar: 49 Fat: 49 Carbohydrates: 49 Fiber: 5 Protein: 33 Cholesterol: 157
Keywords: Ribs in oven, oven baked ribs, baked ribs