- 1 lb. bone-in chicken thighs (~4 large)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 15 sprigs thyme, tied into a bundle
- 8 oz. dry pasta, any kind (we used linguini)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 shaved parmesan (or more to taste)
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400ºF.
- Generously season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Then, heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat until fragrant. Brown chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes on each side and then remove from dutch oven.
- Turn heat down to medium and add onions and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and asparagus and mix all vegetables together.
- Then, add in red wine, balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, and stir. Add in the bundle of thyme and turn off heat.
- Place the chicken thighs back into the dutch oven on top of the veggies. Place lid on top of the dutch oven and bake at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is 165ºF.
- While the chicken and the vegetables are baking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until pasta is al dente. Strain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Remove Dutch oven from oven and remove chicken thighs, placing them onto a cutting board.
- Add three tablespoons of heavy cream to the sauce/veggies and mix well. Then, add cooked pasta to the pot. Stir well and cover.
- Remove bones from chicken thighs and using 2 forks, shred the chicken into large chunks. Add chicken back into the pasta dish and mix again.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 416 Sugar: 15 Sodium: 95 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 47 Fiber: 3 Protein: 22
Category: DinnerMethod: OvenCuisine: American