- 8 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb. thick-cut bacon, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Next, prepare Brussels sprouts by washing them to remove any excess dirt. Then, pat dry. Slice the ends off of each Brussels sprout and then cut them in half, hotdog wise.
- Transfer them onto a large baking sheet. Then, drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss, so that the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated.
- Roast Brussels sprouts at 400ºF for 15 minutes. Then, remove and toss. Roast for another 10-15 minutes or until the outsides begin to turn golden brown.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, prepare bacon. Begin by slicing 1 lb. of bacon into 1-inch chunks. Using a pair of scissors works really well for this. Then, place the bacon into a large pan and heat over medium/high heat.
- Cook bacon for around 8-10 minutes, or until it is fully cooked, but not crunchy.
- Immediately drain excess grease from the bacon and then add maple syrup and mix to combine.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are done roasting, remove from oven. Add bacon to Brussels sprouts and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 416 Sugar: 4 Fat: 34 Carbohydrates: 10 Fiber: 3 Protein: 23
Category: SideMethod: OvenCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: roasted brussels sprouts with bacon