- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 12-oz. jar roasted red peppers, pureed
- 1 red pepper, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 large red onion, finely diced
- 1 serrano pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can northern white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Place quinoa and water in a large stock pot and turn to high heat. Bring to a boil.
- While the quinoa is heating up, prep roasted red peppers. Place entire jar (including liquid) into a food processor and process on high for about a minute or until pureed. Set aside.
- Once the quinoa is boiling, reduce to medium heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Cover and let boil for about 10 minutes.
- Then, turn down to low and let simmer, covered, for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with plain dairy-free yogurt, diced red onion, green onion, and tortilla chips!
Tips & Notes
- When reheating, you will likely need to add a splash of liquid to loosen things up. We suggest water or vegetable broth.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 295 Sugar: 15 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 56 Fiber: 12 Protein: 14
Keywords: quinoa chili, vegetarian chili, vegan chili