- 6 medium carrots, chopped into 1-inch thick chunks (about 2 cups)
- 1 large Idaho potato, chopped into 1-inch thick chunks (about 1 cup)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped into 1-inch thick chunks (about 2 cups)
- 3 medium parsnips, cored and chopped into 1-inch thick chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Option to line with tin foil and spray that.
- Next, place carrots, potatoes, parsnips, onion, and garlic onto the baking sheet and generously drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Use hands or a spatula to make sure all of the vegetables are covered in olive oil, salt, and pepper and then spread the vegetables out evenly on the baking sheet. Making sure the vegetables are not piled on top of each other (this will cause the vegetables not to cook evenly).
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 145 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 118 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 25 Fiber: 5 Protein: 2
Keywords: roasted root vegetables