- 1.5 lbs. ahi tuna steaks (2 1.5-inch steaks)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- First, place tuna steaks in a large bowl or a plastic bag.
- Make ahi tuna marinade and add soy sauce, chili sauce, grated ginger, and lime juice to a small mason jar. Tighten cover and then shake the jar until all ingredients are combined. Pour mixture over the ahi tuna steaks.
- Seal the plastic bag and place the steaks in the fridge and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove ahi tuna steaks from the refrigerator and then remove from the marinade. Pour sesame seeds on a plate and coat every part of both tuna steak with sesame seeds.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the olive oil is fragrant, add one tuna steak to the pan and sear for 30 seconds to 2 minutes on each side.*
- Repeat for the second tuna steak.
- Let seared tuna steaks rest for 2 minutes and then thinly slice.
Tips & Notes
- 30 seconds for rare, 1 minute for medium-rare, and 2 minutes for well done.
- This recipe was updated on July 14, 2019.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 289 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 755 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 4 Fiber: 1 Protein: 46
Keywords: seared ahi tuna steaks