Sheet pan dinner made easy! This healthy baked chicken and potatoes recipe comes complete with bacon-wrapped asparagus, and truly only uses one pan from start to finish. Make this healthy, easy and delicious sheet pan dinner today.
Bring on the fall recipes! We’ve had fall recipes on our minds for the last month or so as we’ve started to create Fit Foodie Finds recipes that will go live on the site in the coming weeks and months, so we’re pumped to finally share this one with you all! And it really can’t get much easier.
Fall for me also means back to school (my husband is a high school teacher and football coach), so I’m all about easy and nutritious meals that I can easily whip up while I finish FFF work or take our dog for a walk in the evenings. So, this sheet pan dinner is PERFECT and will definitely become a staple in our rotation for football season dinners. Plus, can anyone else not get enough of roasted potatoes come fall? And you can stock up on most of the ingredients for this recipe to have on-hand for those quick to pull together weeknight fall meals.
Sheet Pan Pantry Staples
- Baking sheet
- Red potatoes
- Red onion
- Ranch seasoning
- Olive oil
Other Fit Foodie Finds Fall Recipes
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
- 5-Ingredient Honey Sriracha Slow Cooker Chicken
- Vegetarian Roasted Brussels Sprout Polenta Bowls
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Kale
- Whole Wheat Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- The Worlds Easiest White Chicken Chili
- Vegetarian Beer Chili
- 20-Minute Healthy Tomato Bisque
Sheet Pan Chicken, Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 1/2 lb. asparagus 8 spears
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon halved
- pepper to taste
- 1 large chicken breast or 2 medium
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place potatoes and onions on half of a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and ranch seasoning. Rub oil and seasonings into the vegetables with your hands or a spatula.
- Next, chop off the white end of the asparagus spears and wrap a half of a piece of bacon around one asparagus spear and place on one-fourth of the baking sheet. Repeat until asparagus and bacon are gone. Season with pepper.
- Lastly, place chicken breasts next to asparagus on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes depending on how thick your chicken breast is.