- 2.5 cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Sprinkles or nuts (optional)
- First, place all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix. When ingredients are combined, use your hands to form the dough into a log (about 1.5 inches in diameter).
- Roll your shortbread log into a piece of plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- While your shortbread log is in the fridge, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil spray or cover with parchment paper.
- Remove your shortbread log from the refrigerator and slice into 1/4 thick rounds. Repeat until you have cut through the whole log.
- Place cookies on baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small bowl and melt in the microwave or a double boiler.
- Next, dip half of a shortbread cookie into the melted chocolate. Let access chocolate drip from the cookie and then sprinkle melted chocolate with sprinkles, nuts, or whatever topping you prefer! Repeat until all shortbread cookies are gone.
- Let cool completely. Serve or store in the freezer.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 Calories: 162 Sugar: 10 Sodium: 67 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 14 Fiber: 2 Protein: 2
Keywords: Shortbread cookies, almond flour