On Nom Nom. The best thing about going home for the weekend is stocking up on groceries before coming back to school :) Fresh fruits and veggies gAlOrE!
Stove update: Still Broken. Good thing is….the sister 1) lives a block away, 2) is the best taste tester ever 3) …and has a stove that WORKS. Bad thing is…The light in her kitchen burnt out so my pictures of tonight’s dinner didn’t turn out the best :(
Michelle and I try took make a family dinner together at least once a week. I always find it easier to cook for two anyways :)
Shrimp and Pineapple Stir Fry
- 12 frozen shrimps
- 1 C Green Pepper
- 1/2 C Green Beans
- 1/2 C Onions
- 1 C Pineapple
- 1/3 C quinoa
- 1/2 T Olive Oil
- 1 T Soy Sauce
- 2 T Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 T Brown Sugar
- 1/2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 T ketchup
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring 1/3 C quinoa and 2/3 C water to a boil and then let simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes (or until all of the water is soaked up).
- While your quinoa is simmering, set your burner to medium/high and begin heating your garlic in about 1/2 T olive oil.
- While your burner is heating, mix your sauce: 2 T pineapple juice, 1 T soy sauce, 1/2 T ketchup, 1/2 T apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 T brown sugar.
- **Multitasking is key:)
- Add your shrimp, onions, green peppers, and green beans to the pan and stir-fry for about 5 minutes. Then, add your sauce and pineapple and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.