I could eat stir fry with quinoa every single day. Like Saturday’s recipe, I used leftover quinoa for this too. Just another incentive to make quinoa in big batches.
This recipe is pretty simple and very easy to make, especially for busy people! Why?
- I used used pre-packaged stir fry veggies, instead of purchasing all of the vegetables on their own and prepping them. Of course it was fresh, just a variety of veggies bundled and ready to go.
- I used a pre-packed stir fry sauce, instead of making my own.
- I used pre-cooked, frozen shrimp.
Usually I am all about doing it myself, but when you don’t have a lot of time, it’s nice to have these items on hand for a quick and easy dinner!
Here is my favorite Stir-Fry Sauce. You can get it pretty much anywhere. I got mine at Super Target!
Shrimp Stir Fry + BUTI
- ~8C fresh veggies (I used pea pods, broccoli, and broccoli slaw)
- -1C frozen shrimp, thawed
- -1T olive oil
- -3T water
- ~3T Stir Fry Sauce
- In a medium sized pan, heat 1T oil on medium/high heat. Then add in mixed vegetables.
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Add 3T water and cover for 2 minutes.
- Add stir fry sauce and shrimp, and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve over a bed of cooked quinoa.
Yum, yum, yum. Every time! Other meat options are….
- Nada Meat
You could also substitute different whole grains such as….
One last thing before I let you enjoy the rest of your beautiful Monday. Have you ever heard of BUTI? BUTI is a high-intensity workout that fuses yoga and dance with circuits of plyometrics and conditioning. Classes range from 60-90 minutes and consist of deep stretching, BUTI shaking and heart-pounding cardio. BUTI dance moves are taken from various styles that focus on an intense shaking of the hips (and BUTI) including Miami Booty Dance, Brazilian Baile Funk, Hip Hop, Crunk and African Tribal. BUTI is sure to get your energy high and your abs tight!
Watch this video…
I’ve gotten to know a pretty well-known group fitness instructor here in the Twin Cities. She is one of 3 instructors in the state of Minnesota that is certified to teach BUTI at the only studio with it, Sparrow Studios
in Eagan. PS: If and when I ever own a studio, I want mine to be just like Sparrow. Obsessed with their branding!
I signed up for a free week at Sparrow
and took class last night.
It was bomb. I was a little hesitant to take this class because I grew up in sports, not dance. What. Ever. It was so much fun and such a great way to mix up my workout. Amanda met me and we both Buti-ed it out!
Post class sweatiness…Amanda, Me, and Lisa (the instructor).
I am excited to explore the rest of the class selection at Sparrow. Here’s what they have…
- BarreAmped Bootcamp
- Power Yoga
- Yoga Sculpt
- Candlelight Yoga
I am actually thinking about applying to teach Yoga Sculpt at this studio because I was so impressed! The only downfall is that it is a good 16 miles from my house. BUT. On the way to work! (remember I have about a 35 mile commute to Anytime Fitness Corporate!)
I am traveling to Chicago for work today. Happy Monday!
Have you ever taken BUTI?
If you could take any class at Sparrow, which would it be?