This delicious, single serve cinnamon roll is gluten-free and vegan, filled with flavor, and made in less than 2 minutes!
Soooo I just started book three of 50 Shades of Grey. GAHHHHHH! I listened to book 1 while at Mountain Trek, finished Book 2 a few weekends ago in Kansas, and just started numero tres. It’s one of those books that I just can’t put down. I even listen to it while I’m working out or in the car…and giggle to myself when I do. If only people knew the kinkyness coming out of my headphones :D
I’ve never been much of a reader…or writer for that matter. The sister got those traits. Audiobooks are my new bff…I can multitask and read at the same time!
So this cinnamon roll.
It’s so easy to make and only takes like 90 seconds! Did I mention it’s refined sugar free, gluten-free, and vegan?! #winning Mega winning.
Single-Serve Maple Pistachio Cinnamon Roll
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- 5 tablespoons gluten-free flour, all-purpose (any all-purpose mix should work!)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- ~1 tablespoon pistachio nuts, salted, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons 100% maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, partially melted
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, unsweetened
- In a small bowl, mix together gluten-free flour and baking powder. Then, add all of the wet ingredients and form a ball of dough.
- Kneed dough until dough forms a ball. Flatten in your palm, creating a log about an inch thick. Set aside.
- Create cinnamon/pistachio filling by mixing together 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Then, coarsely chop pistachio nuts. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on dough and then top with pistachio nuts.
- Take one end of the log and roll dough to form the cinnamon roll. Rub a large mug with coconut oil and then place the dough inside.
- Microwave on high for about 50-55 seconds.
- Drizzle with additional maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cinnamon roll
I made a handy dandy image of how to make this baby.
It really is a lot easier than it looks! The best part is, it doesn’t have to be perfect because you’re just going to devour it the instant it comes out of the microwave :D
If you want to use your oven to bake this guy- I suggest using a ramekin. I did not try it this way myself, but I would guess around 18-20 minutes at 350ºF.
Like this recipe? Buy my Healthy Single Serve Desserts e-book and get 34 delicious & good-for-you recipes for one!
What books are you reading right now? Do you like hard copy books or audiobooks better?