Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk (any kind)
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil or melted butter
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon drippy nut butter
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- First, spray a medium/large mug or small bowl with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients for the mug cake into the mug and whisk until combined.
- Microwave on high for 60 to 90 seconds or until fully cooked OR Bake in the Oven at 350ºF for 22-24 minutes or until fully cooked in the middle.
- While the mug cake is cooking, prepare the chocolate frosting. Add the nut butter, cocoa powder, and maple syrup to the bowl and mix until combined. If it is too thick, add a little melted coconut oil to thin things out.
- Remove the mug cake from the microwave/oven and spread the frosting over the top of the mug cake. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
*This recipe was updated on April 28, 2020.
*Nutrition does not include optional chocolate frosting.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 295 Sugar: 15 Sodium: 208 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 30 Fiber: 5 Protein: 10
Keywords: chocolate mug cake