- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 cups finely ground cornmeal
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and place 2 tablespoons of butter on the bottom of a 10-inch cast iron pan. Then, place it in the oven to preheat with the oven.
- Next, add all of the cornbread ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and mix until combined. The consistency should be like a thick pancake batter.
- When the oven is preheated, carefully remove the castiron skillet from the oven using an oven mit.
- Pour the cornbread batter into the castiron skillet and use a spatula to evenly spread it out.
- Place the skillet back into the oven and bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover the skillet with a piece of tin foil and then bake for another 10-12 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.*
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Tips & Notes
*Time may vary by oven or by how hot the cast iron skillet was when started
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 Calories: 205 Sugar: 10 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 25 Fiber: 2 Protein: 5
Keywords: skillet cornbread