Honey Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey (or agave nectar)*
- 16-oz. fresh lime juice (~2 cups)
- 16-oz. high-quality tequila (~2 cups)
- 8-oz. honey simple syrup (entire recipe from above) (~1 cup)
- 6 cups ice
- 2-oz. fresh lime juice
- 2-oz. high-quality tequila
- 1-oz. honey simple syrup
- optional: splash of orange juice
- First prepare the honey simple syrup and add the water and honey to a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes (stirring periodically). Remove from heat and let cool.
- For a pitcher of margaritas, fill a large pitcher with around 6 cups of ice. Then, place 16 fl. oz lime juice, 16 fl. oz. tequila, and 8 fl. oz. of honey simple syrup into a pitcher. Use a long wooden spoon to mix to combine. Serve over ice with fresh lime slices and a salty rim.
- For a single-serve margarita, place a handful of ice into a cocktail shaker. Then, add 2 fl. oz. lime juice, 2 fl. oz. tequila, and 1 fl. oz. honey simple syrup. Place the top on and shake to combine. Serve over ice with limes and a salty rim.
Tips & Notes
- Honey: option to swap the honey for agave nectar. Both are great choices for this skinny margarita.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 Calories: 220 Sugar: 29 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 33 Fiber: 1 Protein: 0
Keywords: skinny margarita, skinny margarita recipe