Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- 1 – 1.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup bbq sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons water or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups favorite slaw mix
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns of choice
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce (or more to taste)
- pickles, to taste
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
- First, prepare your crockpot bbq chicken. Mix together chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Then, season both sides of your chicken breasts.
- Spray the bottom of your crockpot with nonstick cooking spray and then add your chicken breasts.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of bbq sauce on top of your chicken breasts (save the rest for later) and then add 3 tablespoons of water. Cover slow cooker.
- Let cook for around 2-3 hours on high for 4-6 hours on low.
- Once the chicken has fully cooked and reached an internal temperature of 165ºF, use 2 forks to shred.
- Keep the liquid from the chicken and bbq sauce in the crockpot and add about 1/3 cup more bbq sauce and 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar. Mix sauce and shredded chicken until everything is coated.
Slaw & Sandwiches
- Next, prepare slaw by mixing together all slaw ingredients.
- Put together your bbq chicken sandwiches by placing a generous amount of slaw on the bottom of your bun and then about 1/4 lb. of the shredded chicken. Add about 1 tablespoon more of bbq sauce (or more, if desired), and a few pickles. Put the top on your chicken sandwich and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information is JUST for the slow cooker pulled chicken using Annie’s Original BBQ Sauce.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 162 Sugar: 6 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 9 Fiber: 0 Protein: 22
Keywords: slow cooker pulled chicken