- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, strained and rinsed
- 2 cups minute brown rice
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Frank’s hot sauce (or apple cider vinegar)
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients for the chicken enchilada casserole into your slow cooker. Mix well and make sure chicken and rice are submerged under all wet ingredients.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours OR cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, remove chicken from the slow cooker and cut into small chunks. Place back into your slow cooker and mix.
- Serve with Greek yogurt, avocado, cheese, or any topping of your choice!
- The spiciness of this dish depends on how spicy your enchilada sauce is.
- We have only tested this recipe specifically with minute brown rice and no other grains.
- Feel free to add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water at the end for a saucier casserole.
Serving Size: 1/6
Category: DinnerMethod: Slow CookerCuisine: Tex-Mex