- 4 medium carrots, diced (1.5 cups)
- 4 large celery stalks, diced (1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (2 heaping tablespoons)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried red and green pepper (optional)
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Franks hot sauce (or white vinegar)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups egg noodles*
- optional: fresh parsley for topping
- Begin by creating an herb bundle by tying a piece of string around your fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Then, place all raw ingredients (minus the egg noodles) inside of your crockpot and stir. Make sure your chicken breasts are fully submerged in liquid.
- Set crock pot to high and cook for 3-4 hours OR set crock pot to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Once your chicken is tender and fully cooked, remove and slice into small chunks OR shred with 2 forks. Put the chicken breast back into soup and mix.
- Add 3 cups of egg noodles to the slow cooker and mix again. Place the top back on your slow cooker and let sit for 10 minutes in order to cook the noodles.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Tips & Notes
- Spices: if you have a coarse Italian Tuscan Seasoning like this one, you can use 1 – 2 tablespoons of it.
- For this recipe, we used egg noodles. If you use a different kind of noodle, the cooking time at the end will vary.
- To freeze: if you are planning to freeze this soup, DO NOT COOK THE NOODLES. We recommend freezing the soup and then making the noodles before serving. Please follow our guide on How to Freeze Soup.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 330 Sugar: 9 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 32 Fiber: 2 Protein: 34
Keywords: slow cooker chicken noodle soup, crockpot chicken noodle soup