Crockpot Curry Chicken
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh Thai basil or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or more to taste
Peppers and Onions
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place the minced garlic, coconut milk, curry paste, garlic powder, salt, and chili powder into the slow cooker and whisk everything together until combined.
- Submerge the chicken breast in the sauce, making sure that both sides get coated.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on
- low for 6-8 hours (recommended)
- high for 2-4 hours
- When there are about 20 minutes left of cook time for the chicken, prepare the peppers and onions.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Then, add the sliced veggies and sauté for about 5 minutes, just enough to flash fry them so they aren’t soggy. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Once the chicken has cooked all the way through and has an internal temperature of 165ºF, remove and shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Place the shredded chicken back into slow cooker with the sauce and mix. Add the cooked peppers and onions and fresh lime juice to the slow cooker and toss everything together.
- Serve with Thai basil or cilantro with your favorite grain.
Tips & Notes
- The slower and lower you cook your chicken, the more tender it will be.
- Nutrition does not include the rice.
- The method of this recipe was updated on March 16, 2021. The chicken used to be cooked by itself in the slow cooker, but we have updated it to cook in the sauce so that it’s much more tender and flavorful. New photos were also added.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 455 Sugar: 4 Fat: 26 Carbohydrates: 8 Fiber: 2 Protein: 43
Keywords: coconut curry chicken