- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeños*
- 1 3.8-oz. can sliced black olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet bell pepper, diced
- 8 cups of chicken broth (or any broth)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Begin by heating a large pan over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add onion to the pan and let the onion saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add garlic and beef to the pan and break the meat up into small pieces. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the beef is almost cooked (some pink meat is ok).
- Add the meat mixture and the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for 2-4 hours on high heat.
- Serve immediately with greek yogurt, lime juice, or fresh cilantro.
Tips & Notes
- *jalapeños- if you don’t like spice, swap these for green chiles. They are much more mild and not spicy at all!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 360 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 819 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 33 Fiber: 7 Protein: 24
Keywords: slow cooker taco soup